Who can apply?
To apply for registration as a New Zealand graduate, you must have successfully completed at least one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physiotherapy) at Auckland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy at the University of Otago
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours at the University of Otago
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy at the Waikato Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours at the Waikato Institute of Technology
- Master of Physiotherapy Practice at Auckland University of Technology
- Master of Physiotherapy Practice at University of Auckland
What does it cost?
Please refer to our Fees Schedule here. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
How long does it take?
Once all required documents are confirmed to have been received, New Zealand Graduate applications for this pathway are taking on average 1-2 weeks to process. Please note these timeframes are subject to change.
To avoid delays in processing your application ensure you include all the required information. Your application may be declined or returned for further work if it is not complete.
What is the process for this application?
Phase 1: Initial Review
After you submit your application, we will review it for completeness. If documents or evidence are missing or we have concerns about your eligibility, we will email you for further information before your application is sent on for processing.
If your application does not meet criteria for any reason, one of the following will occur:
- You are given the opportunity to Withdraw your application.
- Your application is Returned.
- We propose to Decline your application.
If your application meets criteria, it is put forward for Registration.
Phase 2: Registration
Applications deemed to meet the minimum requirement for registration are sent to our Registrar for approval. Once this is completed you will receive an email confirmation.
- *Passport or Birth Certificate
- *Evidence of Name Change (if applicable)
- *Degree or Academic Transcript from your New Zealand qualification
- *COGS from your University
- *Police Certificates
New Graduate Presentation
Are you a NZ new grad, or are you planning on hiring one? Take a look at our video which gives an overview of the process. You can find more information and the relevant forms online at: https://www.physioboard.org.nz/new-zealand-qualified-physiotherapists
Posted by Physiotherapy Board on Thursday, 11 June 2020
If you have any questions, please see our comprehensive help page or contact us via [email protected] or by calling us on +64 4 471 2610 during business hours (9am-5pm NZDT). We can provide advice on the preparation of your application; however, we are not able to advise you on whether or not it will succeed.