Applying For registration
Eligibility To apply For Registration As a Physiotherapist In New Zealand
This tool has been developed to assist you to self evaluate your eligibility to submit an application for registration. Please read carefully the detailed information on Board criteria before selecting your responses to the questions below.
|1 – Does your qualification and physiotherapy practice experience meet current Board criteria? Click here to check your qualification against the New Zealand undergraduate physiotherapy programmes.|
|2 – Do you meet current Board English language requirements?|
|3 – Do you meet Board criteria for recency of practice?|
- The current application fee is NZ $1,734.50 (non-refundable)
- There is no accreditation of overseas courses. Each application is individually assessed.
- The information required is extensive and there is no guarantee of registration
The Physiotherapy Practice Thresholds in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand describe the threshold competence required for intial and continuing registration as a physiotherapist in Aotearoa New Zealand. Please refer to our Thresholds section of the Physiotherapy Standards Framework for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Application Pack contains nine parts. Please read the Application Guidance Notes (Part 1) carefully.
- Application Guidance Notes
- Application Form
- The Treaty of Waitangi: Referenced Report & Cultural Competence Reflective Statement
- Threshold Templates
Threshold Template Information Sheet
- Curriculum Vitae Template
- Reflective Statement Template & Supporting Evidence Information Sheet
- Validation of Work History Form
- Confirmation of Fitness to Practise Form
For information on the Registration process please contact one of the Registration team.