Eligibility (Updated for 2018 Graduates)
- Have successfully completed one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physiotherapy) at Auckland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy at the University of Otago
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours at the University of Otago
New graduates who defer their graduation ceremony can apply for registration as Physiotherapists if they provide an original (or certified copy) of their academic transcript. This must demonstrate their completion of undergraduate Physiotherapy studies, and is issued by the registry of their university.
- Provide a completed application form
- Provide all the information and documentation requested by the Board (original or certified copies)
- Passport or birth certificate
- Degree certificate or academic transcript or link to your My eQuals profile (email firstname.lastname@example.org). This must confirm that the degree is completed or conferred; we cannot accept a transcript that states the qualification is still in progress.
- Criminal conviction record – original or (if received via the Ministry of Justice by email) forwarded directly to the Board at email@example.com
- You will also need to provide criminal conviction record in hard copy from any country / state / jurisdiction where you have lived for 12 months or more, within the last ten years, while you were aged 18 or over. If there is a delay in receiving these then contact the Registration Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional evidence of fitness to practise as a physiotherapist in New Zealand
- Any supporting documentation required by the Registration Team (e.g. change of name documentation)
- Pay the registration fee of $354.00 (including GST).
- Meet the fitness for registration criteria detailed in Section 16 HPCA Act, further set out in the application form.
How to apply
For further information on the application process please contact us.
New Graduate Presentation
Are you a NZ new grad, or are you planning on hiring one? Take a look at our video which gives an overview of the process. You can find more information and the relevant forms online at: https://www.physioboard.org.nz/new-zealand-qualified-physiotherapists
Posted by Physiotherapy Board on Monday, 5 November 2018