Professional Advisor (0.5 FTE)
The Professional Advisor at New Zealand’s Physiotherapy Board (the Board) provides clinical leadership, advice and support to the team of staff who work for the Board. The range and scope of work is wide including registration, disciplinary matters, recertification, accreditation and involvement in the continuous quality assurance programme.
You will work alongside the current Professional Advisor and within a dynamic and enthusiastic team who are committed to the work of the Board.
What will it be like to work for the Physiotherapy Board?
The Board is a statutory body established under legislation so there is a need to ensure compliance with the accountabilities and requirements of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act. We have sound processes in place, a fantastic team and a great Board to work with. Our focus is on ensuring we provide the best service and the best quality of work that we can. We drive ourselves to improve our efficiency and embrace new ways of working.
What will you be doing?
We have a customer focussed approach to the way we work. We work as a team and have an open and transparent way of working. We are clear of our commitments and accountabilities, and we take these seriously. The role is broad and includes the following:
- Providing clinical leadership and support
- Development and implementation of professional standards
- Leading the university accreditation programme
- Assisting with registration and recertification
- Assisting with complaints and notifications
- Management of contractors
- Getting involved in continuous quality improvements.
What are we looking for?
An exceptional physiotherapist with more than 10 years practise experience who will work collaboratively in our team. A key collegial relationship will be with the current Professional Advisor, and who works well in a team environment.
- Attention to detail
- Sound working knowledge of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers
- Highly tuned communication skills.
Please note: this role is Wellington based.
Applications close: Monday, 3 December 2018 at 5.00 pm. Please address your application letter and CV to Jeanette Woltman-Black (Chief Executive) and email it to: email@example.com