Ngā Manukura o Āpōpō Clinical Leadership Programme aims to increase and develop Māori physiotherapy clinical leadership skills for physiotherapists who identify as Māori, and to foster confidence in Te Ao Māori and are currently working in the health sector in Aotearoa.
Due to the ongoing success of the programme to date, the Board is continuing to support emerging Māori physiotherapist clinical leaders through this programme via a scholarship for 2023-2024. The Board is offering four positions over two cohorts and invites you to now apply. Previously unsuccessful applicants are also encouraged to reapply.
Ngā Manukura o Āpōpō offers a marae-based kaupapa Māori leadership development programme to aspiring and established Māori clinical leaders. This foundation training consists of four two-day noho marae over a four-month period. Sessions are designed to stimulate learning, discussion, debate and action.
Key themes to be explored in the programme include:
- leadership and management including Māori models of leadership cultural competency
- clinical governance and quality improvement (models, tools, tactics, using data)
- change management, including leading a change management project to completion
- resource management and prioritisation, including budget management; and
- people management, including managing conflict, building teams, coaching and understanding policy, legislation and regulation.
Dates for 2023 are:
First Cohort :
- 16 & 17 March 2023
- 27 & 28 April 2023
- 25 & 26 May 2023
- 29 & 30 June 2023
Second Cohort (subject to final confirmation)
- 24 & 25 August 2023
- 21 & 22 September 2023
- 12 & 13 October 2023
- 23 & 24 November 2023
Applications are now closed
More information is available here.