Due to the success of the programme to date, Ngā Manukura o Āpōpō Clinical Leadership Programme is providing training for an additional cohort of students this year. The Board is offering two scholarship positions for this cohort and applications are now open.
The clinical leadership training programme consists of four two-day wānanga spread over a four-month period with programme sessions. These are designed to inspire learning, discussion, debate and action, and to develop leadership skills.
Key themes to be explored in the programme include:
- leadership and management including Māori models of leadership cultural competency
- clinical governance and quality improvement (models, tools, tactics, using data)
- change management, including leading a change management project to completion
- resource management and prioritisation, including budget management; and
- people management, including: managing conflict, building teams, coaching and understanding policy, legislation and regulation.