Applications are now closed for the 2019 Physiotherapy scholarships with the Māori clinical leadership programme Ngā Manukura o Āpōpō.
The eight-day clinical leadership training programme consists of four two-day wānanga spread over a four-month period with programme sessions designed to stimulate learning, discussion, debate and action.
Key themes to be explored in the programme include:
- Leadership and management including Māori models of leadership cultural competency;
- Clinical governance and quality improvement (models, tools, tactics, using data);
- Change management including leading a change management project to completion;
- Resource management and prioritisation including budget management; and,
- People management including managing conflict, building teams, coaching and understanding policy, legislation and regulation.
Last year’s scholarship recipients Physiotherapists Jessica Penney and Melissa Reid talk about their experiences with the Ngā Manukura o Āpōpō here.