Physiotherapy at Level 3: Key requirements to re-open safely under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Level Requirements) Order (No 12) 2021.
As we have informed you of the recent COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert level) Order it is possible for non-DHB physiotherapy clinics to start re-opening under Level 3. The Order requires physiotherapy practices to comply with the following under all Alert Levels:
• Display of QR codes in workplaces (clause 9)
• Workplace systems and processes to enable keeping of contact records (clause 11)
The above order is the mandatory legal requirements.
In addition there is a requirement as health professions you to take all the required precautions to practice safely AND mitigate risk related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Vigilance in meeting all infection control and protection is required during this time
We have provided advice for opening under Level 3 Alert level and before you considering opening safety for your patients please ensure you have read and are able to meet this advice.
- Risk Assessment Screening must be used prior to the appointment (and re-checked on arrival) for all patients and support people attending
- Use outcome of the Risk Assessment Screen questions to determine whether patient should be seen Face-to-Face OR Telehealth based on COVID -19 risk
- Clinic environment prepared for seeing screened patients
- Physio and patient to wear mask
- QR code scanning and appointment book for contact tracing
- Overarching Public Health precautions taken include:
- Ensure good ventilation
- Use of appropriate PPE
- Hand hygiene
- Cleaning protocols rooms and touch points between consults
- Waiting room precautions and maintaining physical distance of 2 metres within the waiting room