It is that time of year when we take a pre-festive season breath and reflect on the year we have had. The past 12 months have been busy, with some major areas of our work undergoing review and development:
- the Specialist scope of practice
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- statutory processes for complaints and discipline
Some of the highlights include:
- implementing the Physiotherapy practice thresholds in Australia & Aotearoa New Zealand
- receiving the first research report from the Board’s Scholarship programme
- commencing Physiotherapy Board tutorials for undergraduates
- developing education materials for complaints and notifications
- meeting many of you during our work this year, including at the Physiotherapy NZ conference in September.
- positive engagement with the profession on the new Standards, which you will hear more about in 2017!
Thank you to those who have provided comments and ideas to support the Board in the work we do. We hope you have very safe and happy festive season.
Janice Mueller (Chairperson)
Jeanette Woltman-Black (Chief Executive)