Eligibility (Updated for 2017 gradauates)
- Have successfully completed one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physiotherapy) at Auckland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy at the University of Otago
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours at the University of Otago
New graduates who defer their graduation ceremony can apply for registration as Physiotherapists if they provide an original (or certified copy) of their academic transcript. This must demonstrate their completion of undergraduate Physiotherapy studies, and is issued by the registry of their university.
- Provide a completed application form
- Provide all the information and documentation requested by the Board (original or certified copies)
- Passport or birth certificate
- Degree certificate or academic transcript or link to your My eQuals profile (email email@example.com)
- Criminial conviction record – original or (if received via Ministry of Justice by email) forwarded directly to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will also need to provide criminal conviction record in hard copy from any country / state / jurisdiction where you have lived for 12 months or more, within the last ten years, while you were aged 18 or over. If there is a delay in receiving these then contact the Registration Team at email@example.com
- Additional evidence of fitness to practise as a physiotherapist in New Zealand
- Any supporting documentation required by the Registration Team (e.g. change of name documentation)
- Pay the registration fee of $354.00 (including GST).
- Meet the fitness for registration criteria detailed in Section 16 HPCA Act, further set out in the application form.
how to apply
Please note: During the Christmas and New Year period, the Secretariat will be closed from 12pm Friday 22 December 2017 and will reopen on Monday 8 January 2018.
For further information on the application process please contact us.