Competence and Recertification Audit
Recertification Programme – CPD
Thank you to those who have engaged with the Board and asked questions about the new recertification process. We have updated our recertification programme forms and templates providing more guidance answering some of the more commonly asked questions. Links to the required templates can be found at our audit resource centre. The recertification programme will still run with the practising year – i.e., the next audit will cover the period from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2021 so you will need to confirm that you have completed 100 hours of CPD between these dates if you have held an APC for the entire three years – if not, your required CPD hours will be pro-rated to reflect the period during which you held an APC. The differences between the previous and current process are detailed in the table below.
The next audit will involve a transition from the old to the new process, but you will need to complete a few items by 31 March 2021. If you hold a current APC, please complete the following items by 31st March 2021:
- Your Professional Development Plan which must be signed off by a peer – you will need to provide this if you are selected for audit
- Three Reflective Statements, completed under the new process
- Your Peer Review with evidence that this has been completed by using the new template.
On 1 July 2021, the audit selection will take place – we will audit 5% of APC holders. If you are selected for audit, you will need to provide:
- 3 reflective statements (new process)
- Peer review (new process)
- Professional Development Plan (new process)
- Information about your work history (template provided)
You will also need to confirm that you have completed 100 hours of CPD between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2021 (required CPD hours will be pro-rated if you have not held an APC for the entire three-year period).